December 18th, 2014 by hutdogs
It’s time for a list of Cool tools that can help you with your on-line marketing. Here are 5 of my favorite tools and what they do:
- Canva is a very easy to use on-line design tool for blog graphics, presentations, Facebook images etc. It’s free and very fun to use.
- Snagit is a screenshot program that allows you to capture video or take a snap shot of something on your screen so you can turn it into an image for a presentation or a social media post.
- PicMonkey is an online photo-editing tool. You can remove wrinkles correct color, crop, add special effects and do all kinds of creative things. It’s free to use.
- Bit.ly is a tool that shortens long web addresses. Sign up for a free account and you can track how many people click on a link.
- Constant Contact is an all-in-one marketing tool. It allows you to send group emails, track open rates and click-through rates, create event registration systems, produce surveys and promotional campaigns. Pricing is affordable and starts at $20 a month. What sets is apart from other email service providers is their all-in-one tool belt and their amazing help line.
December 16th, 2014 by hutdogs
To help you save time with your social media marketing, you need to build a system that will allow you to post once and populate many.
One cog in your online system would be to allow your Facebook posts to also populate on your web site. When you post to your Facebook Business Page, you can have your web site set up so that it will also display the most recent post. Which will allow visitors to your web site to see your activity on Facebook and like your posts while they are still on your web site.
Things you will need:
1. A web site
2. A Facebook Page for your business
3. You’ll need to have/plan for space on your web site that can accommodate the Facebook wigit called a Like Box.
After you have your site, page and space on your site set up:
1 Go to https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/like-box-for-pages This is where you will create the HTML code that you will place 1n the designated area of your web site.
2. When you are creating the Like Box, be sure to use your Facebook Pages URL. The Like Box tool will default to a Facebook developers address/URL , you want to make sure the wigit is using your Facebook Page’s address.
3. Click “Get Code” button and select the type of code your Webmaster will need -You can select code for the following: HTML5, XFBML, IFRAME or URL. Ask your web master which type of code they need
4. Copy the code
5. Have your Webmaster paste the Code on the designated web page of your site.
Keep posting great information on your Facebook Page.