List building is an on-going task. Keep asking people to join your list throughout the year. Make it your constant goal to keep building your email marketing list.
10 Ideas for growing your email marketing list:
- Have a guest book. If you have a physical location, have a “guest book” or sign up form at the point of sale and train your staff to make the ask.
- Leverage your chamber. Are you a member of a Chamber of Commerce? Some chambers will send an email to their list on your behalf for a fee. If so, you will want the call to action in that email to have people sign up for you list for updates on marketing and advertising opportunities.
- Be a Speaker. See if you chamber needs a guest speaker at their next meeting.
- Leverage your network. If you are a member of other organizations, see if they will be willing to send an email out as well and if they have speaking opportunities.
- Collaborate. Who can you partner or collaborate with? Who shares your audience but would not be consider a direct competitor? Could you create an event with these folks that your audience may be interested in?
- Conferences and mixers – go with the intent of building the list – maybe offer a raffle prize if you have a booth or table but let them know that by entering the raffle they are also giving you the permission to join your email list. Collect emails at every opportunity.
- Leverage Social media:
– Geo and demographically targeted Facebook ads can help grow a list and build awareness. Create a Facebook Ad campaign with the goal to build your email list
– Post your Constant Contact sign up link to Facebook periodically –Join our list it’s fun and informative….
– Tweet about the benefits of joining your list and link back to your sign up
- Encourage the Share -When you send your Constant Contact email to your list include both the “forward to a friend” and “join my list’ links and simply ask people to share your email with their friends and colleagues.
- Extend your reach – When you send your email to your list via Constant Contact, you can also schedule social posts. These posts can be customized but they will link back to your email campaign, making your email campaign the landing page!
- Make it easy. Get a unique URL that redirects to your Constant Contact signup link. Print business cards with the URL and distribute them.
BTW – you can try Constant Contact for 60 days – click here