5 Ideas to Power-Up Your MarketingSeptember 25th, 2017 by hutdogs
People spend a great deal of time online. Your marketing efforts need to be online as well. Websites, social media and email marketing all need to be part of your marketing plan. That doesn’t mean “old school” marketing such as printed brochures, post cards, holiday cards, business cards, annual reports, calendars etc., should be forgotten.
Studies show that multiple touches need to occur before a customer becomes a customer. Having a comprehensive and cohesive marketing campaign that combines online with off can get results.
Here are 5 ideas to combine online and traditional marketing:
- Have printed brochures available for people who visit your brick and mortar. Make sure your brochures point to your website and social media presence. Possibly even have a ‘hidden deal’ page on your web site that only folks that received a brochure would know about. This could help drive traffic to your site and create interest in your brand.
- Offer them a year of deals. For example: let people know online and via your email marketing that they can ask for a complimentary calendar to be mailed to them (of course that calendar should have monthly specials and other enticements). This can be a great way to stay top-of-mind all year.
- Print out business cards that double as an online coupon. For example: if you had a space at a trade-show or networking event, you could hand out cards to the people you meet. These cards could have an “exclusive discount code” that they could use when they purchase from your online store before a specified date.
- Grow your email list by sending a post card to select zip codes and demographics. For example: you could purchase a physical address/mailing list from a mailing house and periodically send a postcard to everyone on that list. The mailers would offer something enticing, direct them to signup for exclusive email offers, and maybe even enter in a give-away or contest. Of course, you should make sure to print your URL for your email sign up or lead page on that mailer.
- Offer your annual report as printed piece and as a PDF download. You may want send everyone an email with the PDF download and offer the option to contact you for a printed version. Many donors and supporters may prefer a printed report. Providing the option, can improve the readership of your important communications.
It is important to remember that people like to connect with a business. Even though most of us are “connecting” online, the printed piece still has value. Print lets people literally touch your brand. It can reinforce your online communications, help drive traffic to your online presence and bring a real-world feel to your audience.