10 Best Practices for Email MarketingJanuary 14th, 2016 by hutdogs
A good email campaign can drive revenue and profit and is an easy way to reach people who are interested in your product or service. Emails help to reinforce your brand, increase awareness and boost repeat business. Here are a few best practices:
- Use an email service provider like Constant Contact, they will make sure you comply with the law and offer mobile friendly templates that are easy to use. They also offer unlimited support.
- Keep your subject line below 50 characters
- Keep key actions above the scroll line
- Make sure your email is mobile friendly
- Keep it simple. Use 3 pictures or less. Single subject emails with one picture, a few words and a compelling call to action tend to produce the best results.
- Make sure your images are clickable
- Focus on relevant content. Constant Contact finds that about 20 lines of text have the highest click-through rates
- Make it easy for your audience to share your emails. Provide social share icons and a forward to a friend button.
- Be consistent and commit. Reach out to those that matter at least once a month. Be consistent with your colors and language to reinforce your brand.
- Press Send.