Budget for Boosts on FacebookJanuary 27th, 2015 by hutdogs
If you haven’t tried boosting a post on your Facebook page, you might be missing out. You can spend as little as $5 to reach the right audience. I recently helped a fitness studio in Monrovia send out a Constant Contact campaign for a class that was also shared to their Facebook page. The Facebook post was boosted for only $5 and targeted a 15-mile radius around Monrovia, CA. It worked; they had sign ups from the Facebook post!
- Choose People you choose through targeting and set up different audience
- If your audience is local, target by city plus 25 – 50 miles
- Add an image that doesn’t have more than 20% text
- Include a button in your image so people are more likely to click on the image.
- You can boost for as little as $5 even though Facebook’s default is a little higher
- Set the duration for 3 days. If you choose one day you will not reach as many people. The idea is to try and catch your audience when they are signed on. Most people check Facebook every day but some less often.
It’s time to realize that business exposure on Facebook is going to cost a little. It’s still one of the best places for businesses to reach their customers at all times of the day. I think it is important to have a budget for Facebook ads and boosts. You can start with $5 a week ($20 a month) if you are on a tight budget but $100 a month will reach more eyeballs.